Business Talent (Migrant)
In order to qualify for this category the applicant must be less than 55 years old (unless this requirement is waived), demonstrate vocational English and be nominated by a state or territory.
There are two streams in this subclass, the Significant Business History Stream and theVenture Capital Entrepreneur Stream.
Significant Business History Stream
Application requirements in the Significant Business History category:
- The applicant must have held net assets of at least AUD 400, 000 in a qualifying business for at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years before applying,
- Total net assets of at least AUD 1.5 million available for transfer to Australia within two years of applying,
- Attained a turnover of AUD 3 million or more in one or more of the applicant’s businesses in at least 2 of the last 4 years.
- Business ownership criteria:
- 51% of a business with turnover of less than AUD 400,00, or
- 30 % of a business with turnover of more than AUD 400,000, or
- 10% of a publicly listed company
Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream
The applicant must have received AUD 1,000,000 from an Australian capital venture firm for the start-up, product commercialisation or business development of a high value business proposal.