Citizens of more than 50 countries generally do not require a visa for a short trip to Canada as a tourist or business visitor. Beginning September 29 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals will however require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to Canada. Travelers with a study or work permit issued before August 1 2015, will also need to apply for an eTA if they wish to enter or return to Canada by air. US citizens are exempt from the eTA requirement.

A work permit application must be submitted in most cases to be able to work in Canada, for example when transferring to the Canadian office of a multinational or when working in Canada for a foreign employer. Students and young professionals can take advantage of the Working Holiday and Young Professionals program to gain work experience in Canada.

A number of immigration options exist for potential immigrants to Canada, among which the well known Federal Skilled Worker Program.

VisaVersa can assist in choosing the right visa for your stay in Canada. Please contact us to discuss your personal situation and visa options in more detail.