International Experience Canada

The International Experience Canada programs allows people from certain countries who are between the ages of 18 and 31 to apply for a temporary work permit to travel and legally work for up to twelve months in Canada. Each year a limited amount of permits are issued. The programs usually open in late November of the preceding year and there is a quota so it is advisable to apply as soon as possible.

International Experience Canada consists of two categories, namely the Working Holiday and Young Professionals Program. An applicant can apply for each program only once.

Working Holiday

Working Holiday is an open work permit for which no job offer is required. With a Working Holiday visa, it is possible to travel throughout in Canada and work for various employers.

Young Professionals Program

The Young Professionals Program is tied to an offer of employment that is relevant to an applicant’s post-secondary studies and/or professional development. It is therefore an excellent way to obtain a work permit for an internship while attending post-secondary school or after graduation.

VisaVersa can assist with both types of applications. For more information please contact us.