United States

K-1 Fiancee visa

If you are engaged with an American citizen it is possible to enter the United States with a K-1 fiance(e) visa.

In order to qualify for a fiance(e) visa, you must meet the following main requirements:

  • The person from the United States has to be a United States citizen.
  • You must have met eachother within the previous two years.
  • Both of you must be legally free to marry.
  • You must marry within 90 days of arrival in the United States.

As soon as the K-1 visa is issued and the fiance(e) arrives in the United States the marriage must take place within 90 days of the entry. After the marriage a petition for permanent residency needs to be filed with the USCIS.