Job Search - Recent Graduates

Foreign nationals who have graduated from a Dutch university or who have completed a Master’s program, PhD program or postgraduate programs at one of the Top 2000 foreign universities can apply for a residence permit for a search year within 3 years after completing their studies.

With a search year permit, the highly educated foreign national can search for a job as a highly skilled migrant in the Netherlands. As soon as the foreign national has found a job, (s)he can apply for a residence permit as a highly skilled migrant. This is advantageous for the employer, because the gross salary is considerably lower. The minimum gross salary as of January 2024 is € 2,801 per month.

The residence permit is granted for a maximum of one year and can not be extended. 

    Questions about this visa?

    Contact us at +31 (0)78-7518450 or fill out this form set up your free 15-minute phone consultation:

    "VisaVersa was able to quickly arrange a visa for a short business visit in New York. Even though it was urgent, this was no problem at all. They were of great help."

    VisaVersa | Visa, Travel & Residence | service netherlands

    Wouter Stolk

    Digitaal Effect B.V.