Work Permits

There are several immigration options available for Dutch companies wishing to bring a foreign employee to the Netherlands, such as the highly Skilled Migrant Program, the European Blue Card and various other specific types of Work Permits.

For intra-company transfers, the European ICT Directive or national ICT programs may apply. In addition, there are separate procedures for (among others) Intern and Trainees, Scientific Researchers and various exchange programs.

Dutch employers may only employ a foreign national after a suitable work permit has been secured.

Overview of Visa:

EU Blue Card

Dutch companies that would like to hire highly educated personnel from outside of the EU can submit an application for a European Blue Card.

Read more

Single Permit / Work Permit

An employer can apply for a Single Permit for foreign employees and trainees if these employees come to work in the Netherlands for more than 3 months.

Read more

Internship / Traineeship

An employer needs to apply for a combined work and residence permit to be able to employ a trainee from abroad.

Read more

Exchange Programs

Young people between the ages of 18 and 30 from Argentina, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Taiwan, Uruguay and South Korea can come to the Netherlands for a maximum of 1 year via the Working Holiday Program (WHP) or the Working Holiday Scheme (WHS) to get acquainted with the Dutch culture and society.

Read more

Scientific Researcher

A scientific researcher can come to the Netherlands to conduct research at a research institution recognized as a sponsor by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND).

Read more

    Visa Consultation Request Form